Sunday, May 09, 2010

Nissan 370Z, '70 Plymouth Superbird: HW

Here's what we got today: the Nissan 370Z from Hot Wheels Premiere 2010 and the '70 Plymouth Superbird from Hot Wheels Muscle Mania 2010.

East vs West

Precision vs Power

Unpainted tail lights vs friggin' huge wing.

This would be my sixth Nissan Z, and I'm quite disappointed to see that they didn't even bother to paint the rear lights. I mean, come on, how much would a blot of red ink cost? But still, it's a nice cast overall. The front and the side profile look really great, and the car itself looks stunning in yellow. If I were to give it a score, I'd give the Nissan 370Z a 7.5/10.
Now to the Superbird. It's not really my favourite. But a muscle car collection wouldn't be complete without this car and its phenomenal spoiler. Did you know that the tall position of the spoiler on this car puts it into less disturbed air, therefore giving the car better downforce? But it was only beneficial in a high-speed race. So why does the street version of the car maintains the same design? Well, the reason is that it's the only way to fully open the boot, as the vertical struts of the spoiler was actually attached to the main body of the car instead of the bootlid (as you can see in the picture above). The boot's gonna be stuck if the spoiler isn't tall enough. Either way, regardless of the reasons, I think the car looks great with the tall spoiler. So I'd give it a 7/10. And that's all for today's post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment